A fun Blog to share fun and easy ways to be green!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

USPS: Unorganized Stupid Preposterous System

So it seems that the hardest part of this venture will be opening a post office box! I won't go into the many frustrations I've experienced at the post office, but rest assured that it's not the place for the hungry, tired and/or impatient.

Lest you try to avoid the madness, don't think you can avoid a visit by calling. If you call 411, look in the phone book or even visit the USPS Web site, you will not be able to get the phone number of any local post office. You get a 1-800 number and have to go through at least five sets of prompts, recorded of course, to get the number. And when I finally got the number, it rang 25 times before someone answered it, yes, during business hours.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement, and also for helping road test the site. I made a few tweaks this evening, and I'm sure I'll end up making a few more before the weekend. I even worked on inventory tonight. I promise to let you know when it's ready to go!

No comments: